Friday, March 25, 2011

Let's Get Serious For One Post

There is a viral video on the internet of Casey Heynes, a young boy who puts an end to his bullying, by body slamming (literally) his aggressor. At first I thought, "SHIT YEAH!!!" and assume most people had the same reaction. Then as I watched Casey and the bully, Richard Gale, being interviewed I realized for the first time that the internet might have a heart and may be used for good.

The interview of Casey portrays a child, 15, who has been bullied his whole life. The interview of Richard, the bully, portrays a child who can't escape ridicule now. All in all, I felt sorry for all the parties involved; to me there were no winners here, past or present. And then a spark went off in my head: "If people see enough of these videos they must come to the conclusion that nobody wins with violence." However, I came to this conclusion upon reflection. My initial response was that this was amazingly righteous and awesome.So I believe this train of videos helps prove the power of reflection and one of my theories I'm constantly working on:

Good and bad are reflections of time, that is to say they are constant. What was good at one time can be made bad over time, and visa versa. Yup.

Here is the train of videos.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=casey+heynes&aq=f

I basically touched on a million different concepts here and don't expect anybody to read this post since there aren't pictures. Not sad, just life.

Thomas VanMelum

No comments:

Post a Comment