Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So Much for my diet on the Birthday Dinner...

Well if you know me, you know that I make up excuses all over the place to go to Benihanas. We have been celebrating pretty much every family birthday there for the past 11 or 12 years; this year was no different. Greg came up with the great idea of having me in the foreground for this photo and it turned out hysterical. I have a business proposition for Benihanas -- Benihana Express! It is when people have been to the Hana so many times, they don't give a shit about the throwing shrimp tails or making trains with onions, just give me the damn food and get me in and out of there before my clothes smell all night. Benihana Express, think about it -- it saves lives.
Check out this plant that Barbara Carlberg gave me. It's actually not a plant, it's actually called a Succulent scene, or maybe a kind of terrarium . Anyway, it's fucking awesome. It's like the 60's view of the future. One of my goals is to have a giant Zen garden one day, complete with combed white sand, random wood pieces, and a reclusive Kung Fu Master with bushy white eyebrows. But for now, I will have to settle with this.

We must all pour out a little champagne for our fallen vacation this coming weekend. Over a month ago we booked a reservation at an awesome hotel in Palm Springs for this weekend with Jesse and because of the rain we have decided to cancel. On the bright side, Burke Williams is really starting to look good, and so is just drinking ourselves into oblivion while we sit around and play 8-bit Nintendo and talk louder than usual.

Thomas VanMelum

No comments:

Post a Comment